Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome to 2009!

2009 will be a year of newness! Starting with this blog - D2GEMS - Dee Dee's Great Everyday Moments~ Seriously! So I had a little help naming this thing!

My friends who have been after me for a while will be happy that I'm finally doing this :).

We just got back from a wonderful New Year's event at Gull Lake Ministries up in Michigan. What a power packed event! The three days went by so fast. It was worth the 5 hour drive simply to go on the sledding hill. Reilly spent her entire free time there. Olivia took a bit more convincing but loved it when she finally surrendered.

I spent time getting to know a new family to Gull Lake. The mom has a great amount of resolve as she has been through some tough times the last couple of years. I hope I get to see her again in the future.

The message this morning was about our need to surrender to God's Will for our lives. I know I have big goals for this year and they will only work out if it's in God's plan. I'm going to give it my best shot.

May this be a great year for all, filled with love from and for each other!

No comments: